How to Fall Asleep Faster
1. Exercise. Wear yourself out. Put your body to use, so it has a reason to recharge. Just make sure you don’t do it too late in the day. You don’t want that adrenaline pumping at bedtime.
2. Drink less caffeine. Caffeine is meant to keep you awake and alert. Don’t drink it past the afternoon.
3. Stay away from bright screens before bed. Bright screens trick your body into thinking it is daytime. If you have to use a computer, install f.lux.
4. Lower your body temperature. Your body temperature drops as you fall deeper and deeper into sleep. Put your body in the right mood by taking a cold shower before bed.
5. Don’t just lay there. Wishing yourself to sleep won’t do any good. Get up and get some things done until you are tuckered out.
6. Get up at a fixed time. Condition your body to know when it is time to sleep and when it is time to wake up. We have remarkably good internal clocks.