1. Use a smaller plate. A small plate makes any amount of food look like a lot.
2. Don’t eat straight out of the package. If you can’t see how much you are eating, you won’t realize you are eating too much.
3. Drink more water. Use a tall glass. Avoid sugary drinks and empty calories.
4. Chew slower. Your brain doesn’t recognize you are full until too late. Slow down the process, and let your brain catch up.
5. Eat more protein for breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but only when you eat enough protein.
6. Avoid distractions. When you are distracted by television or anything else, you aren’t paying attention to how much you are eating.
7. Eat three meals every day. Avoid binge eating by eating when you are supposed to.
8. You aren’t hungry unless you are hungry enough to eat an apple.